Call for Technical Special Sessions
The SAMT 2007 Program Committee invites proposals for the Technical Special Sessions Program of SAMT 2007, the Second International Conference on Semantics And digital Media Technology, to be held from 5-7 December 2007 in Genova, Italy.
SAMT 2007 Technical Special Sessions are aimed to cover case-studies as well as technical and scientific advances. Each special session will have a specific objective, for example:
- To present explorations regarding future and emerging technologies, showing new approaches to solve SAMT related research issues.
- To present original and valuable research results in the larger context in which they have been achieved; e.g. in EU or large national R&D programmes.
- To present technologies that solve problems of industrial relevance; or which are demonstrated and evaluated within a specific application domain.
Submitting a proposal
Depending on the subject and on the quality of submitted papers, each Technical Special Session is expected to have from 3 to 8 papers. At least one author for each paper must register for the conference and present the paper during the session.
All papers at SAMT 2007 including papers solicited for special sessions undergo the same rigorous reviewing process by anonymous and independent reviewers. If after the reviewing process less than 3 papers solicited for a special session are selected, the Special Session will be cancelled, and the solicited papers that passed reviewing will be presented within the main technical track of the conference. Special Session papers will be published together with regular papers in the conference proceedings.
Proposals for Technical Special Sessions must include:
- Title of the Special Sessions
- Rationale of the need and objective of the session
- Session outline
- Specific topics of interest
- Contact information for the Special Session chair(s)
- Short biography of the Special Session chair(s)
- List of contributed papers, including title, abstract and author names, affiliations and contact information.
Special Sessions Chair
Werner Haas, Joanneum Research, Austria
20 April - Special Sessions Submission
4 May - Notification for Special Sessions
4 June - Paper Submission
31 July - Paper Notification
10 Sept - Camera-ready Papers